Monday, June 8, 2009

Road Log: Saturday, June 6

Here are the highlights of the first part of my fifteen and half hour road trip from Seward to West Yellowstone so you can all feel like you were right there with me.

-I leave Seward at 3:30 p.m. after an emotional send off....jk, the g'rents were happy to see me go.
-I leave Exeter at 5:00 after saying goodbye to Cantrell and my niece Cammie and nephew Devin.
-As I approach York I call the Sun Theater as I consider stopping to see "The Hangover"...I decided against it.
-As I pass Giltner, NE I think of Carly since she will be judging cheerleader tryouts there in a couple of days.
-As a personal dare, I sit Indian style while driving with the car on cruise control...don't worry, I only did it for a few seconds.
-At 8:40 time magically jumps back to 7:40 as I cross into the Mountain Time Zone. It happens while I'm on the phone with Cameo. Coincidently, at the moment I hit the time change the call was lost...weird.
-As I fuel up at North Platt I consider buying a jackalope piggy bank for Danny since he thought they were real animals up to about a couple years ago.
-I try to get a new Nebraska road map at three different rest stops, but at each one the dispenser for the maps is empty.
-The song "Harmless" comes on the radio which reminds me of the Lincoln Saltdog game last week where the only people in the stands were little kids. When this song came over the loud speakers all the kids started singing it in unison...it was kinda creepy.
-I briefly consider detouring up to Chimney Rock, but change my mind.
-Drive through rain and lighting between Ogallala and Sidney.
-At 9:45 I cross into Wyoming. I want to stop and take a picture of the welcome sign, but am scared away by a van full of people already stopped there.
-At mile marker 399 I accidently honk my horn, consequently simultaneously scaring and embarrassing myself.
-I begin to worry about deer after seeing numerous corpses line the side of the road.
-Around 10:30 I arrive in Cheyenne and check into a Motel 6
-As I unload my car a car full of thugs drive by and scream "Hey cuz!" I cry and run back to my room.
-I sleep.

5 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. I am at work right now, stifling laughter at the horn honking and "Hey Cuz!" part. Loooove it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud! :D I'm glad you figured out this blog thing so we could enjoy this while you're gone, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Just thought I'd share - the word it wanted me to type for whatever reason b4 it accepted my last post was "sheloco". wonder if there's a deep meaning behind that....

    time for some Toaster Strudels. Have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY CUZ!!! :) This is awesome so far. I can't wait to read the next entry! :)

    As always,
    Happy Trails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carson, I'm worried about you... you cry and run away a lot it seems. We should talk about this.
    I look forward to reading this as you have more adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete