Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family Funfest


Once again, I apologize for the week long absence. This past week has been pretty busy: my family visited, I've been struggling through work while sick, and to top it off, the internet here has been on the fritz. So I've finally mustered up enough strength and ambition to write this post.

The fun began last Saturday when part of my family (Mom; two of my sisters, Cameo and Carly; and my nephew, Parker) arrived here at the campground. They got to see everything notable there is to see here: my boss, my coworkers, the bike rental hut, the pool, the Koffee Kabin, me serving-up fudge, and the pregnant girl. Yep, it was an exciting couple of days for them.

On Sunday, we went into town. I showed them where I attend church as well as various other "hot spots" around town. We ate lunch at a cafe and then went to the IMAX movie theater to see a showing of the film "Yellowstone," which coincidently was all about Yellowstone. We then did the whole tourist scene and shopped the stores in downtown West Yellowstone or "West" as the locals call it. I had to leave early to get back to work, but they stayed behind for awhile. Sunday night we had a campfire which included roasted weenies and smores. Teaan and Nate also joined in the family festivities.

On Monday, we went into the park and hiked a trail at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone down to the brink of the lower falls. Parker proved to be a good little hiker...as did Mom, who I must admit wasn't even breathing hard despite the sharp incline. We also went to Mammoth Hot Springs before returning to the KOA where we enjoyed another night of smores.

Tuesday, was a busy day. My family packed up there things and we headed to the lower loop of Yellowstone. We saw: Firehole Canyon, Paint Pots, Old Faithful, and the Grand Tetons. We drove through most of the Tetons and I took them to some of my favorite places like Jenny Lake and Mormon Row. The scenery there is so amazing, I was glad to share it with them.

We then continued on south to Jackson Hole, Wyoming where we parted ways after supper. They stayed there for the night and headed on back to Nebraska the next day. It was sad to see them go since I had such a good time with them here. Parker is hilarious. I was really glad they found the time to come visit. Not only was it a mini-vacation for them, but for me as well. The same monotonous schedule day after day can take a toll after awhile so a break was in order.

I won't be seeing them again until August 15th at Amy Sandefur and Matt Baller's wedding...AKA "The Wedding of the Century." Not to oversell it or anything, but it's going to be a rockin' awesome time. I can't wait to get my groove-thing on while at the reception. Oh yeah, prepare yourselves people.

Still want more...I'm about to do another post...hip-hip-hooray! The second post will actually probably appear above this one, so you've probably already read it...so in that case, you're all done, congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment