Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Life This Week

MONDAY- During my afternoon off Nate and I went into town to play tennis. It was a good time except I lost big time. I guess I need to take a few more lessons from Jonny. I then stopped by the post office and picked up mail I got from friends and family. On Monday night, I worked the Lionshead RV camp all by myself...fortunately nothing bad happened.

TUESDAY- Tuesday is supposed to be my day off, but for some reason I got scheduled for the morning shift. Nate and I then road-tripped to Idaho Falls which was about two hours west, into Idaho from here. Along the way there was beautiful scenery and a great view of the Teton Mountains. Driving with the windows down is probably my favorite thing to do out here. It's so relaxing and freeing and gives me time to think.

While in Idaho Falls we went and saw Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen which was pretty sweet. Equally as exciting were the previews before the movie...I'm especially excited about "The Last Airbender", the movie based on the Avatar cartoon series...the film is being directed my M. Night Shyamalan. It's gonna be sweet!

We then went to Best Buy and Wal-Mart. It was nice shopping at familiar stores where prices weren't outrageous. We stocked up on food (I've been craving pickles for weeks!) I also bought a few movies and Nate bought a few CDs (woot woot for Brad Paisley's new album).

Finally, the highlight of the day was getting to see my dear friend Hailey Jo who is living in Idaho Falls for the summer. We went to her house and met her dad and step-mom who were pretty cool cats. Hailey's basement is pretty much awesome...they have it decked out like a bar and have even got a pole installed for "dancing." We were also given the privilege of getting to write a message on the walls of the bathroom in the basement. We had a good time rocking out on Rock Band...I, of course, was the glue that held our band together. Nate and Hailey are a bunch of amateurs....really guys, you need to step it up a notch. Nevertheless, a good time was had by all.

WEDNESDAY- Wednesdays are no fun. I work from 9-12 at KOA; then 12:30-4:30 at Super 8; then 5-10 at KOA again. It's just go, go, go. Oh well. While at Super 8 a man had a heart attack at Lionshead next door. I watched as the ambulance pulled up and took away the man on a stretcher who apparently was minutes from dieing....I never heard if he made it...scary stuff.

THURSDAY- Thursday afternoon Nate and I went to Canyon Village in the park. We made the short hike to the rim of the lower falls where you get to overlook the river just as it plunges downward. I found myself mesmerized by the endless sea of emerald-colored water as it fell further and further down the falls. In a way the water falling reminded me of Humpty-Dumpty (ask Nate about that one). There's something about water that is so therapeutic...I could have stood there for hours. Unfortunately we couldn't stay long because we had to get back for work. I'd like to go back and hike some of the longer trails during one of my days off.

FRIDAY- I didn't have to work at Super 8 Friday morning so I got to sleep in actually. It was nice. I then did some laundry and chilled in the hot tub for awhile. On Friday night we went into town and hung out for awhile with some friends.

So that's that. You've read this all-to-lengthy post and are a bit disappointed. You're thinking, "That's it?" Perhaps you feel like you've been cheated, like you've wasted the last few minutes of your life. Sorry, my life was not more exciting this week. I will try to liven things up next week. Perhaps I'll communicate with customers using only Pig Latin next week...maybe that will make things a little more interesting.....or it might result in me getting fired for being an idiot. I'll let you know what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Or... grow a handle bar mustache and see how the ladies respond. That may spice things up a bit... ;)

    ReplyDelete