Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Indian Doll Search

I'm going to be honest with you. When working hours-upon-hours in the same space things can sometimes get a little boring. To keep ourselves amused, some of the other employees and I have created a few games to keep us entertained.

For example, the other day while cleaning cabins, Rose, the girl from Bosnia, and I created a game in which we would try to be the first one to identify the odor present in the cabin. One cabin reeked of alcohol, another smelled strongly of coffee, another had the choking odor of pepper, and the worst one had the lingering scent of urine. To really challenge ourselves we tried to figure out if it was human or dog urine scent...gross I know. We get THAT bored sometimes.

Today, in the office, we created a new game. One of the workers would hide a creepy, little, porcelain, Indian doll somewhere in the store. When the clock struck 5 pm all the other clerks would try to find the hidden doll (of course, we would have to help customers first if need be). The person who finds the doll gets to work the bike stand that night as a reward. Guess who the lucky winner was? Yep, Carson. The creepy hidden doll was hidden in a basket in the RV equipment section of the store.

I guess they did something similar last summer. One employee would take five items from the store and go put them in the wrong place somewhere. The rest of the clerks would then try to find the misplaced items and put them in their proper places...thus giving the clerks something to do. These types of games remind me of the episode of The Office called "Office Olympics" where they spend an entire day playing games instead of working.

So as the winner I got to work bikes tonight. I passed time outside by people watching. I saw a lady with a she-mullet and a kid with the same t-shirt as Audrey Haynes (the one with the chimp wearing 3-D glasses). I also witnessed a bike wreck and a dad lecturing his son on why it's perfectly okay to cut someone off because "that's how the pros do it." I also enjoyed getting to pet all the dogs that walked by. There was a shih tzu named Gidget, a Scottish terrier named Murphy, a golden retriever named Nana, and best of all...a blind weiner dog named Pokey.

To challenge/amuse myself tomorrow while working in the Koffee Kabin I'm going to try to sell at least 45 cups of coffee. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. I know you can do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! :) Why is working the bike rack so good?

    I GOT YOUR MAIL and I laughed a lot. I hung it all on my wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carson, don't know if you had a chance to watch Big Brother tonight?? I don't want to give anything away, but it totally reminded us of you.....Jesse's back and at the end he said "Tell em your my friend, then stab em in the back. Tell em your my friend, then stab em in the back. You can always get away from a bear if you can trip it first." So I hope you didn't waste your money on the bear mace (SP??) because all you need to do is trip the bear first!!! Also, the final life lesson....don't stab any of your friends in the back!!! Love, Kevin, Cameo and P-Diddy

    ReplyDelete